About Counselling Perspective
Counselling Perspective offers an integrated approach to therapy using techniques and tools tailored specifically to our clients and the issues they face. We help clients explore their feelings, beliefs and life experiences so that they can feel empowered to make healthy decisions themselves. We work with both individuals and with couples. Our services include:
Meet the Director of Counseling Perspective Glenn Graves.
Glenn holds a PhD in Psychology with a specialisation in Creativity and Existential-Humanistic Integrative Psychotherapy and believes that creativity is an essential component of healing. His Master’s Degree in Psychology and his Bachelor of Arts in Human Development were an instrumental part of his early career when he focused on healing approaches for victims of human trafficking. This laid the foundation for a career focused on healing trauma and communities in crisis.
Distinct Accomplishments and Contributions:
- Certificate in Intermediate Training in Ericksonian Psychotherapy and Hypnosis from the Milton H. Erickson Foundation
- Certificate in Eye-Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) from the EMDR Institute, Inc.
- Accredited facilitator for the FOCCUS marriage preparation and enrichment programme, and is a member of the Singapore Psychological Society.
- Trained as a crisis responder by the National Organization for Victim Assistance.
- Contributed to books on the topic of Depression, Addiction, Suicide, PTSD in combat victims and victims of sex trafficking, and has worked with these victims, introducing theories from art therapy, narrative therapy, Qigong meditation, dream working and group work.
- Takes an integrative approach, utilising techniques from Behavioural, CBT, Adlerian, Existential, and person-centred therapies. His counselling philosophy places more emphasis on the current issue and future of the individual, without minimizing the importance of the past influences.
- Specialises in EMDR (eye movement desensitization reprocessing) and can explain its effectiveness as a short-term approach, with long term effects, in resolving anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, low self-esteem, and many other faulty belief systems.
Danica is an integrative practitioner who brings various modalities of mainstream, complementary and alternative healing therapies within a safe space to people. She currently adopts approaches of counselling and psychotherapy, human performance enhancement modalities, mindfulness, and yoga therapy in her work with people.
Having spent her growing up years experiencing trauma, as well as her continuous involvement in competitive sports that amounted to multiple and chronic injuries, Danica discovered the importance of mind and body connection to her journey with healing.
She brings a biopsychosocial approach to her work where she is skilled in offering trauma-informed and evidence-based interventions such as yoga therapy, counselling and psychotherapy, mindfulness programmes such as the 8-week MBSR course, Mindful Schools curriculum for youth and athlete performance programmes.
Danica will mainly be offering 1-on-1 yoga therapy services to clients, inviting all who are interested in bettering the quality of their health, well-being, and life to explore this therapeutic journey with her. Individuals who may have concerns or interest in the areas of chronic pain, mental health, women’s health, gender or sexual identity, and post-rehabilitation work from injury. All in all, Danica invites an authentic connection, non-judgemental and a safe space for the people whom she works with.
In her own time, Danica practices mindfulness, meditation, yoga, and somatic-based work, enjoys immersing herself in nature and recharging herself at silent retreats.