The Product Manager is responsible for the Customer Management System (CMS) and associated finance aspects of the business.
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, install, configure, improve and monitor the CMS to meet the overall needs of the business, working with internal customers such as Sales, Marketing, Community, Operations and Customer Experience teams, and Finance to gather and implement requirements to the CMS.
What you will do:
- Have a very clear understanding of the vision and business model of Core Collective, along with the larger business objective for this CMS.
- Articulate what success looks like for the CMS.
- Align all internal (staff) and external (Resident/ Members) stakeholders around the vision for the CMS.
- Performing user (internal and external stakeholder) interviews for their feedback on CMS design for continuous improvements.
- Project manage the development of the CMS with our appointed software developers.
- Ensuring timely completion of the product without cost overruns.
- This includes and is not limited to addressing any clarifications, and overseeing the development, data migration, user training, launch, maintenance, and optimization process of this proprietary system.
- Balance the needs of all types of users, the requests from feedback, development costs, and the company’s revenue goals.
- You will be prioritising any product features and capabilities changes/ requests.
- You will be converting business/user needs/feedback into technical specifications.
- You will be leading a team of 1 other team member.
- Defining and tracking success metrics related to the CMS.
- Planning how data will be migrated from the current system to the new CMS.
- Working with the other departments to plan and execute the transition from the current system to the new CMS.
Monthly Payroll of Core Collective’s Professionals:
- Ensure that the monthly payroll generated using the current white label system is completed by the 15th of the month by performance managing a Systems & Finance Lead. You are expected to work alongside the team member to unblock obstacles to ensure the timely completion of payroll.
Qualities we are looking for:
- A fast and independent learner with in-depth knowledge and understanding
of the current status of software development.
- Basic technical knowledge.
- Ability to consider the implications holistically to the CMS should there be a feature
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, and Excel), formatting, and
basic Excel formulas.
- Proficient in Google Suite products.
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum methodology in project management.
- Possesses Certified Scrum Master or an equivalent qualification will be an added
- Strong interpersonal relationship-building skills, leadership, prioritization, and communication skills.
- A natural tendency to be curious, positive, and creative.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail, multitask and work well under
- Have an aptitude to anticipate any changes.
- High level of strategic and forward-thinking.
What we offer:
Growth and Opportunities
Training and Development
Free access to premium gym facilities
Detailed onboarding process to set you up for success